By submitting a deposit via shop, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the policies listed below:
- A. Session Fees Client agrees to pay photographer a deposit of $100 at the time of booking to secure their appointment date and time. This is a non-refundable retainer fee that goes toward your session. The balance will be due on the day of the session via an electronic invoice. The image turn-around time will begin after receiving full payment. The session fee covers the time and talent of the photographer, basic retouching and creative editing of images, as determined by the photographer, and images. If you have booked a mini session, you will get 10 images and be given the chance to buy more. If you have booked a full session, you will receive all the best images from your session as decided by the photographer with a minimum of 50 images.
- B. Location Costs & Fees If there are any costs/fees associated with the location the client has chosen for their session, you, the client, will be responsible for those fees. Any location outside the greater Seattle area will be subject to an additional charge of $.52/mile as part of the agreement.
- C. Rescheduling If an illness or situation prevents a photo session from taking place, client may reschedule their session at least 24 hours prior to their shoot without penalty. Should client fail to give 24 hours notice, or decide to completely cancel the shoot, this session fee is forfeited and will not be refunded. Photographer reserves the right to reschedule due to illness, weather, equipment malfunction, or other circumstances beyond their control.
- D. Re-shoots / Refunds Re-shoots are determined at the discretion of the photographer. Re-shoots and refunds will not be given for poor choices of clothing, make-up, hair or weather related issues, child/family behavior issues or by not following the recommendations of the photographer.
- E. Archive After two (2) months, all images will be purged from photographer’s hard-drive, except as needed for promotional purposes, to be determined by photographer at photographer’s sole discretion. Photographer is not responsible for loss or damage to the digital files due to circumstances beyond photographer’s control.
- F. Payment All payments are due in full unless payment arrangements have been made. Orders will not be processed until payment in full is received. If client has arranged a payment plan, order will be placed after the final payment has been received.
- G. Damage Photographer is not responsible for the damage of portraits after delivery to client, including damage caused during transit by US mail. Client assumes all responsibility for the safety of all portraits upon receipt.
- H. Liability Photographer is not responsible for any injuries inflicted upon any participating parties. Client(s) will be responsible for their children and for themselves and release photographer from any claims against their person or their business. This includes damage to any personal items/clothing of the client(s). There is no promise that any photo may be recreated. Child temperament and behavior during the session is not within Kristin Harris Photography’s control, therefore Kristin Harris Photography may not be held responsible for galleries that do not meet the session description's minimum image count.
- I. Copyright & Penalty Kristin Harris Photography retains all copyrights to all images created during client’s session. A print release for digital may be requested if needed. Some printing shops require it, most do not. The print release does not allow publication of your portraits (i.e. entering in contests), selling or altering of your images without the photographer’s written permission. For mini session clients, it is illegal to copy, scan, download, print, share, alter, or otherwise steal any image created by Kristin Harris Photography during client’s photo session. This applies to "sneak peek" images, images posted in an online proofing gallery, blog, Facebook, or hard copy images. If client steals images via any method listed above, or any other method, client will be invoiced for the cost of EACH digital image client has stolen, at photographer’s current price per digital file.